Sunday, June 6, 2010

Motif #1 and the First Dash

I've decided to start the 25 motif challenge. This will be my first motif. (Granted, I still need to buy the supplies to block it...)

The pattern is from TATBiT and the thread is size 20 Witch's Brew by LadyShuttleMaker.

I left off the final row of split rings for a few reasons. Mainly, I ran out of thread! I also don't really enjoy tatting spilt rings as a needle tatter and have a tendency of killing needle threaders every time I tat many spilt rings.



Dash #1:

I recently started cooking more, so with each blog I'll add a little dash of spice. The other evening for dinner I made Chili Chicken and Pasta with a few minor changes to the recipe. Take a little of the sauce they have you make with the oil and chili powder and slice up green onions, zucchini, and carrots. And prepare them stir fry style. Afterwards I mixed them with the corn (we used frozen corn and not fresh off of the cob) and served with the noodles and chicken. This rounded out the meal more since some of us do not like tomatoes.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about split rings and needle threaders!! I need to buy a new one soon!!

    ReplyDelete