Sunday, June 6, 2010

First Blog!

First, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Paige. I am a full time college student. I started tatting in November of 2009 and recently have started up again after frustrating myself greatly with failed attempts at larger pieces. I am an artist at heart. I've dabbled in glass blowing (although burning myself too many times to really enjoy it...), ceramics, weaving, and photography. I've recently started being enthused by the art of cooking; which my mom takes quite a delight in not having to cook and waking up to cinnamon muffins.

Now that we have that out of the way, I would like to introduce you to my stash. This is the bulk of my non thread items. As most of you will recognize the items here, I would like to introduce you to my handy needle holder (far right). It is an on pen that I pulled the ink and tip out of and taped the hole in the top of the lid. I normally have 8 needles in there at once, don't own more than that so I wouldn't know if it could hold more.

Next up is my threads that are wound onto plastic squares! And they store nicely into a note card holder.








And my spools of thread:


I'd like to share my tatting with you now. I still feel like I am a beginner because I still have goals of larger more complicated patterns that I want to complete. Most of these patterns have been relatively simple. Please note, I am not claiming these patterns as my own, because they ARE NOT mine.


I recently figured out how to hide my ends, but have not had the chance to go back through my nearly completed items to hide all of the ends.
Thanks for all the amazing tatting blogs on this site for helping me learn.

2 comments: