While shopping on ebay I placed a bid on two lots of vintage thread, and I won! Granted, at the time I did not realize they were size 80 thread... So, I'll be working with tiny thread on and off now. The thread smells old.. If that makes sense. I'll probably have them sit out in a room with a fan on and spray a little Febreze in the room. As you can see, there are some duplicates so I'll be posting it on the thread exchange and sharing my newly acquired stash of size 80 threads.
I've been working on tatting around rings again, this one turned out okay.. But I'm not a fan of black, and tatting with it was much harder than I had thought it would be. So I tried another ring with my new Oren Bayan thread, but disaster struck! The thread tore! I'm assuming there was too much stress put on it from the bead. But I'm not sure how else to attach those beads.
These were tatted up and just recently finished. I will count these as motif #4. The beads I bought a while back and no longer have the label for. The thread in the top (soon to be) pendant is Flower Child by LadyShuttleMaker I believe. And the lower thread is a combination of three pieces of embroidery floss. The pattern is from Kersti.
Also while in my uncreative rut made up this piece. I saw many other people doing it, so thought why not! The thread is another new purchase from hajdesigns31.
And finally my pride and joy of this post was this item I made that has inspired me. As you will see it has my two exchange threads in it, my new Oren Bayan thread and DMC embroidery floss color 471 (two strands) and one strand of my metallic thread. This is motif #5 for the 25 motif challenge. I just need to figure out a slightly more attractive chain..